Share this with your friends
Ladybud Magazine recently received some wonderful liquid and bar soap from the famed and longstanding natural products company J.R. Watkins for review. We were already familiar with the brand, as publisher Diane Fornbacher absolutely adores the Lemon Cream Hand & Body lotion. She says it smells exactly like lemon meringue pie. She also uses the Lavender Room Refresher so you can imagine our excitement when this all-American and historic company contacted us to review their line of Castile Bar and Liquid Soaps.
The Castile Bar comes in Lavender, Clary Sage, Peppermint in a generous 8 oz. size — big enough to fit the whole hand for a good, firm grasp that produces a nice, even lather. Because they are made with coconut and olive oil, your skin will not dry out. We tested all three soaps in bar and liquid form (liquid comes in 11 oz.). The Clary Sage was savory and woodsy scented, it has a light musk and a hiking-at-dusk reminiscence; it’s great for a calming shower and bath, and the same goes for the Lavender, of course. Peppermint was a favorite among our staff, as it is fantastic for waking up in the morning or reinvigorating for an evening out on the town. We also really love how having the Peppermint bar in the bathroom keeps the room feeling and smelling fresh even when not using the shower or bath.
What we also love about these three soaps in both bar and liquid form is that aside from being excited about using them ourselves, they would make a wonderful collective gift package for women or men. The soaps are well-made and appeal to all manner of olfactory senses and the apothecary design makes anyone receiving these products feel as though they’ve truly been given a treat for the eyes and the rest of their bodies.
Aside from being fans of their soaps lotions, and refreshing sprays, we also enjoy their Pain Relieving Liniment that provides great relief from stiff, aching muscles with all-natural camphor and red pepper extract (capsicum) to stimulate nerve receptors that feel heat. It’s their classic product that has been around and helping improve people’s lives since 1868!
In addition to being all of the above, J.R. Watkins boasts a huge line of natural home and body care products that uses essential oils, natural herbal essences, and has conscientious but savvy packaging. Proudly crafted in the USA, J.R. Watkins Pure Castile Soaps are naturally free from dyes, sulfates and preservatives, never tested on animals and contain no animal byproducts.
Here are other ways to use J.R. Watkins liquid soaps:
– In the bath – A small amount of the high-lather formula makes for a luxurious body wash and efficient shaving cream.
– On the face – By diluting two to three drops with water, users can make a gentle face cleanser.
– As a home cleaner – When properly diluted, J.R. Watkins Castile Soap is appropriate for many home surfaces and will leave no harmful residue.
– For furry friends – Place few drops on a dry towel and dilute with a bit of water to wipe up muddy paws or use as a pet shampoo. The biodegradable natural home and body care formula is safe for use outdoors, too.
– While camping – Carrying different cleaners can be cumbersome when camping. Handy as a body wash and even dish soap, a single bottle or bar goes a long way, and safely, in the great outdoors.
Check out J.R. Watkins ‘Freedom Code’ where the company lists the ingredients that you’ll never find in J.R. Watkins products and why. They try to avoid petrochemicals, bleaches, synthetic dyes and colors.