Share this with your friends
IMAGE: Vintage Granola Advertisement, 1893
Granola is a healthy, flavorful snack which is easy to make medicated with Cannabutter. This particular recipe is also great for diabetics or people with other dietary restrictions, as it contains a low level of brown sugar and no white sugars.
Learning to cook “Cannabutter” is essential to the basics of baking with marijuana. By selecting quality butter and cleaning and grinding the marijuana thoroughly, ensuring there are no seeds or stems, the Cannabutter will have a smooth taste and be very effective as an herbal medicine.
The quantity of butter to marijuana is one eighth of marijuana to one stick of real butter. 2 cups of water are also required for each stick of butter. To make a large batch, an entire ounce of good quality marijuana, 16 sticks of butter and 32 cups of water will be needed.
One easy and highly effective method of creating Cannabutter is with a crock-pot. To begin the Cannabutter, place the butter sticks into crock-pot, set on high. Add thoroughly cleaned, ground marijuana and water, heating for one hour on high. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10-24 hours. Some crock-pots may have to be left on warm if the low setting cooks it too quickly.
Straining is important when making Cannabutter. Carefully strain the Cannabutter into a bowl using a cheesecloth as well as a colander, ensuring no bits of marijuana fall into the bowl below.
Once the cooking is complete, place the strained Cannabutter into the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours, until the butter collects on top of the water. Scrape the butter into a dish which has a sealed cover and discard the water. A green colored finished product is ideal and it should have a highly infused marijuana taste.
The Cannabutter is now ready for use in this or any other recipe, and should be kept refrigerated until use.
- 1 1/2 cups regular baking flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Cannabutter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 14 ounces raisins, cranberries, walnuts or any other dried fruit or nut. Hemp seeds are a healthy way to add protein and texture as well.
- 1 3/4 cups of rolled oats
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree and lightly butter with the a 13 x 9 baking dish, using additional Cannabutter, if desired.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) in one bowl, and mix well.
- In separate bowl, beat brown sugar with Cannabutter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until creamy. Gradually add flour mixture by 1/2 cups at a time. Stir in raisins or other fruit and nuts and 1 1/2 cups of oats. Spread in baking dish with wet hands. Top with more raisins, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, cut into squares and cool on cooling rack.
Please enjoy responsibly and as always, keep your Cannabutter and medicated food away from children and pets.