Share this with your friends
Happy 4th of July from Ladybud ! We encourage everyone to celebrate responsibly and enjoy the freedoms our nation has to offer. Be smart and safe in all that you do, including the use of fireworks and the consumption of alcohol or other intoxicating substances.
While celebrating our nation’s Independence Day, take a moment to remember those for whom today is not a celebration:
- those who struggle with PTSD
- those who have lost a loved one to war or PTSD
- those who lost a loved one to drunk driving on this or another holiday
- those for whom this holiday is an anniversary of a death, tragedy, or trauma
- those who are Native American, for whom today is the anniversary of when we annexed their land officially (some of whom celebrate anyway and are proud of that fact)
- those who are in this country illegally and live in terror of deportation
- those who are homeless or refugees in a foreign land
- those who have experienced a fireworks accident and medical professionals who have attended them (read fireworks safety tips here)
- those whose freedom is denied because they are victims of the War on Drugs (and their families, who are surely missing them). Consider offering POW support as a way to express gratitude for your own freedom!
It is our hope that with each passing year Ladybud Magazine is in print we will have additional freedoms to celebrate. Be safe!
Photo Credit: vintagehalloweencollector (Dave) under (CC BY-ND 2.0) via Flickr