Share this with your friends
Many Ladybud readers are already fans of Kiki Rosemaria’s Ganja Coconut Oil. The following recipe is a different version of cannabis infused coconut oil which uses recycled material from flowers that have already been vaporized – a truly “green” way to conserve both your herb and budget.
Start by thoroughly vaping and enjoying all dried flowers. Collect the remaining vaporized cannabis “waste,” storing it in a cool, dry container. Next, create a sachet by placing the herb in the middle of a new, clean cheesecloth, wrap tightly, and secure with kitchen twine (using a sachet instead of just dumping the previously vaporized cannabis creates a much easier method of clean up).
Melt a cup of high quality coconut oil in a crock-pot on high. Coconut oil is preferable to butter for health reasons and allows for complete infusion of the taste and color of cannabis. It leaves no aftertaste, is easy to store and use in a variety of recipes. Once the oil has been thoroughly melted, add one cup of water and the dried flower material. Stir and turn the crockpot to low, after covering.
Allow to cook on low (or use the warm setting if low cooks too quickly) for at least 24 hours. Be sure to occasionally stir the pot, squeezing the sachet with tongs to release the essential oils. Cool completely by setting entire crockpot in the refrigerator, and allowing the water to thoroughly separate from the oil.
Once the mixture is cooled, poke small holes into the oil, drain well and discard the remaining water. Remove the infused oil carefully, storing it in a clean, dry container, keeping it well refrigerated (and in my house, well marked with an “M” for Mom’s Medication).
This oil is perfect with morning tea; the medicinal effects last at least 8-10 hours (depending on strain) and is a great method of stretching the monthly cannabis budget.
A favorite, low sugar, highly medicated treat that can be made with this oil is this banana bread.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cannabis infused coconut oil (bring to room temperature)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (beaten, brought to room temperature)
- orange peel finely grated from one orange
- 3-4 over ripened bananas (which can often be found reduced for quick sale at the local grocery)
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), Lightly spray with cooking spray 9×13 baking dish or loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, stirring gently.
- In separate bowl, cream canna-coconut oil and brown sugar, add eggs and mix well. Blend in bananas, orange peel and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour mixture by small parts (½ cup) at a time into the banana mixture, blending each until all combined to moisten.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes, cut into slices and ENJOY!
Note: this recipe stores easily in plastic bags (which are also simple to keep marked as medicated), freezes well, and maintains a nice, even medical effect for at least a few hours.