Share this with your friends
The 20th Annual HIA Conference is taking place on November 17 at the Phoenix Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. and HIA will lead a lobbying day on November 18th. It is not too late to register either or both.
Invited and Confirmed Speakers:
- Tony Budden, Hemporium – South Africa – Hemp’s potential for sustainable change in Africa
- Kevin Greenwood, VP Marketing, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods – Manitoba Harvest’s Business Model and the Canadian Hemp Landscape
- Erik Hunter, Hemp Cleans – The Current Status of Industrial Hemp Agriculture in Colorado
- Fred Kirsch, Hemp for America – Grassroots Support for Industrial Hemp in America
- Ryan Loflin, Rocky Mountain Hemp – Hemp’s Historic Come Back
- Errol Schweizer, Whole Foods – Hemp at Whole Foods Market
- George Weiblen, PhD, University of Minnesota – Lead us not into hemptation: the genetics of American Cannabis
- Ben Droz, Vote Hemp – Panel: Federal Hemp Legislation & Lobby Day Coordination
- Patrick Goggin, Vote Hemp – Panel: California Hemp Legislation
- Anndrea Hermann, The Ridge International Cannabis Consulting – Hemp Agronomics – Seed to Soil; OSU Hemp Course
- Steve Levine, Past President of HIA – Panel: California Hemp Legislation
- Tom Murphy, Vote Hemp & The Hemp Report – HIA Conference Coordinator
- Larry Serbin, Hemp Traders – Hemp Fiber Market Update
- Eric Steenstra, Vote Hemp & HIA – Introductions; Vote Hemp Legislative Update; HIA Financial Report
- Christina Volgyesi, Director of Marketing, Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps – Hemp History Week Report
The Hemp Industries Association (HIA) presents a free screening of Bringing It Home, a documentary about hemp, healthy homes and a greener future for America, 7:00 p.m. November 18th at Busboys and Poets in Washington, DC as part of the HIA Conference and Hemp Lobby Day. HIA leaders featured in the documentary film include Eric Steenstra, Anndrea Hermann, David Bronner, John Roulac, and Vote Hemp’s Ben Droz. Filmmakers Linda Booker and Blaire Johnson will be in attendance. Please click here to learn more.
If you are coming to Washington, DC and want to schedule a meeting with your Congressional offices, please start by clicking here and fill out our form to help you.
The mission of the HIA, a 501(c)(6) membership-based non-profit trade group, is to represent the interests of the hemp industry and to encourage the research and development of new products made from industrial hemp, low-THC oilseed and fiber varieties of Cannabis. The HIA and HIA Members:
- Educate the public about the exceptional attributes of hemp products.
- Facilitate the exchange of information and technology between hemp agriculturists, processors, manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
- Maintain and defend the integrity of hemp products.
- Advocate and support socially responsible and environmentally sound business practices.